12Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:
Paul always keeps God first. Always gives Him glory. I want to be like that. "Saints in light" what a group to be associated with. What inheritance is he talking about? Surely the blessings of God and eternal life. Only sons and daughters get the inheritance. This makes me feel at peace. 13Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
Delivered. That sticks out to me. Where would I be without the Lord on my side? Like really. Where would I be? I envision it now, and it is not a pretty sight. 14In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins
This may be one of the best verses in the entire book. Redemption. I don't want this word to become meaningless Christian jargon. I have been bought back because of the price paid by this blood. His very essence.
15Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
Christ represents God to us. God knew us humans needed some physical evidence so He humored us. 16For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
Created by Him, for Him. This is God's preeminence. Not His being 1st on the list, but Him being the centerpiece around which EVERYTHING else revolves. What does the mean for my life? Is HE the focal point? 17And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.
This practically makes me weep. I feel like the core soul of the fabric of my presence in the universe is linked to God. He is the invisible fiber holding everything together by His might. 18And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.
Doctrine alert! This should shape the way church authority is delegated. 19For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;
Doctrine alert! Jesus=God. Nothing more, nothing less.
20And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.
Wow. My words can't articulate what this means to me. He bridged the gap. He brought peace to once was chaos. He restored the broken. He reached out to me and picked me up when I was down. The almighty saved the ugly, unrighteous, sinner--me--when I did not deserve it. How beautiful is the cross. In all the repugnance of the gore and shame and mockery, battery and bruises and blood, the tears thorns nails ripping through the wrist-veins, it still did what I could never do. It satisfied the sacrifice that I could not give, would not want to give. 'The ancient magic was pacified' -C.S. Lewis. Lion, Witch,...
He died for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment