Colossians 1:21-29
1:21
And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled The fact that our works--what we do--separates us from God is key. I've recently had a lot of contact with people that believe if what they do does not hurt themselves or others it's not a sin. This is an elusive concept because it takes faith. The laws at work in the spiritual world are real. We should pay them more attention.
1:22
In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight: Why did Christ die? Why did He suffer? So we could be blameless.
1:23
If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister; ~IF~ this word lets us know there is that ever-present chance that we can slip away from God. We have to be grounded. How can I better ground myself? It seems like it would be a long thought process change that comes from seeing prayers answered and seeing how real God can be. I want my roots to grow deep.
1:24
Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for his body's sake, which is the church:
1:25
Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;
1:26
Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: This is kindof exciting.
1:27
To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: Christ-in-us. Do I fully understand that? The unity of the perfect, all-powerful, righteous master of the universe and me? It reminds me of when God went into covenant with Abraham and Sarah. The idea of my identity--my thoughts, character, actions--and God's merging is...awe-inspiring. I want to take on the nature of God almighty. Moreover, this unification is the hope. IS the hope.
1:28
Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus: This speaks to me in a way that describes each member of a church. No man is left behind. This is a community effort. A support system of friends. This has been a major learning experience for me while I am at college. The Church is meant to function as a collective unit. It is SO much stronger that way. It's because God intended us to live, fight, and grow alongside each other. Truth.
1:29
Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.Paul says he is working to help this fulfillment of his dream of the collectively prospering church. Real leadership. And once again, the sign of a genuine leader/man of God. He gives credit to the One who deserves all credit: Jesus.
No comments:
Post a Comment